Thursday, May 29, 2008
The website shows a summer/fall opening and provides a teaser for the CINEBISTRO concept.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Under consideration is a concept where the county provides the land and the construction, and Big League Dreams would pay the county for the rights to operate the park for 30-40 years. The Times reports that Pasco could get “from $100,000 to $400,000 a year from events and the sale of hot dogs and beer”. Where does the money come from for the construction of the complex which could cost up to $35 million? Well, from the tourist tax dollars paid on hotel rooms rented and new home impact fees according to the Times. The sports complex would have to be approved by the Pasco BOCC and if it goes before the board, it will be interesting to see how commissioners vote.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
New Tampa: $322,153.
Lutz/North West: $389,200.
Temple Terrace: $164,232.
S. Tampa/Davis Islands: $533,909.
Information provided by the Greater Tampa Association of Realtors® and deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Monday, May 05, 2008
- In today’s New Tampa Transportation Summit, comments by representatives of different governmental entities suggest that this proposed road connecting New Tampa to I-275 is unlikely. Recent new developments include the widening of New Tampa Blvd for the connector. Mayor Iorio: “This doesn’t seem to be a good business deal.” Hillsborough County Commissioner Rose Ferlita: “The toll rates are not realistic…..We need to quit giving people false hope”.
During the comments by government officials about the East-West Connector I could almost hear “taps” playing in the background. I would expect a decision to be made within the next 30-45 days to kill this project based on the pessimism expressed in this meeting, unless something significantly new magically appears.
Other highlights of the meeting:
- News that the widening plan of Bruce B. Downs from Bearss to Palm Springs Blvd is not funded was not well received by some residents in attendance. Plans are to widen BBD from Palm Springs Blvd. to Pebble Creek to 8 lanes and also to widen BBD from Pebble Creek to Pasco. Pasco County also will be widening BBD and this widening will probably start first.
- Kinnan Street: Connecting this road before SR 56 is extended to Mansfield (later this year) isn’t going to happen and maybe not then. Since Mansfield is a 2 lane road, Pasco prefers that another road within the K-Bar Ranch community connect to Meadow Pointe Blvd., designed to be a major north-south road.
- BBD Flyover Ramp: Ahead of schedule, to open this year perhaps late summer
- Pasco County has plans to widen Morris Bridge Road to the Hillsborough County line. Unfortunately, Hillsborough County has no plans to widen Morris Bridge Road.
Friday, May 02, 2008
Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio will hold a meeting for the public at the New Tampa Regional Library on Cross Creek Boulevard on Monday, May 5, 2008 at 10 a.m. to noon to discuss planned road improvements for New Tampa and southern Pasco County. Representatives from the Florida DOT, the Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority, Pasco County, Hillsborough County, and the City of Tampa will also participate.
The agenda includes:
- East-West Road
- New Tampa Blvd/I-75 Bridge
- Cross Creek Blvd. widening
- I-75/BBD Flyover
- I-75 widening
- I-75/SR 54 Interchange
- SR 54 widening--Curley to Morris Bridge Rd.
- SR 54 widening I-75 to Curley
- SR 54/56 widening--US 41-I-75
- SR 56 Extension from BBD to MP Blvd.
- CR 54-- Magnolia to SR 56
- BBD widening in Pasco Co.
- BBD widening from Bearss to Pasco Co.
- Plans for Morris Bridge Rd.
- Kinnan St. (aka The Road to Nowhere)
- BBD and New Tampa Blvd. Intersection
Currently there are 65 single family homes listed for sale in the Grand Hampton according to MLS. Prices range from $215,000 for a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home to $875,000 for a 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom pool home with a 3 car garage.