Overpass Road into a full access interchange with Interstate 75.
Plans include widening Overpass Road to six lanes and extending it 9 miles from where it currently dead ends at Palm Cove to US 301. The interchange is expected to be open by 2020 and will be a primary route to the interstate for the future planned Pasadena Hills community of 22,000 acres located between Curley Road & US 301 and State Road 52 & 54.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Pasco County is seeking the input from county citizens in its annual survey. The survey includes questions about quality of life, speed of growth, crime and safety, public transit, recycling, and general services. It also includes several questions specifically related to the State Road 54/56 corridor. The county estimates that it will take about 20 minutes for citizens to complete the online survey.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
A revised site plan for the proposed Wesley Chapel outlet mall on SR 56 (West of I-75) has been submitted to Pasco County. The outlet mall, located on 57 acres is the first of seven phases for the project and Ronnie Blair of The Tampa Tribune reports that the project will have 1.1 million sq. ft. of retail space. Previously it was reported that Simon Property Group wanted to start construction this summer with a 2015 opening.
Plans for a 150,000 sq. ft., two story ice hockey rink are now posted on Pasco County's website. The planned 4 pad, two story ice hockey and multi-sports facility will be located on 15 +/- acres in the NE quadrant of I-75 & SR 56.
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Cost of living: 7.6 percent below national average
Median home value: $135,000
While other parts of Florida may cater more toward retirees, Tampa is a good option for those who want to retire near the beach, but still have access to urban cultural attractions. Just 11 percent of the population is 65 or older, compared to Florida's average of 17 percent of residents in this age range, according to the Census.
The nearby towns of Sarasota, Bradenton, Clearwater and St. Petersburg also offer other cultural and sporting attractions. Plus, Tampa isn't far from Disney World, a great selling point for retirees with grandchildren."
Sunday, April 06, 2014
Spring and Summer are typically the best times of the year to sell a home, so now is the time to start preparing your home to put it on the market.
- Start by removing all clutter.
- Your home will appeal to the most buyers if it has neutral colors, so seriously consider painting those interior rooms that aren’t neutral.
- Curb appeal is essential. Consider giving your front door a fresh coat of paint and make sure that the landscaping is neat and attractive. If there ever was a time to have the greenest lawn in the neighborhood, this is it! Additionally, your house, driveway, and patios may need to be pressure washed.
- Assess your interior flooring. Getting carpets and grout professionally cleaned can significantly freshen up your home for those buyers.
- Clean your home thoroughly. I never have had a buyer complain that a home was too clean!
- Your kitchen and bathrooms need to sparkle! Some recommend limiting your kitchen counter tops to only one small appliance to present a clutter free impression. Remove all of those refrigerator magnets and pictures too.
- Plant some red annual flowers outside. The color red pops in pictures and with buyers who drive by.
Saturday, April 05, 2014
From 2010-2013, 51% of the population increase in the 52 major metro areas was in the South, 30% in the West, 11% in the Northeast, and 8% in the Midwest.
Tampa ranked 10th of the 52 metro areas for the largest domestic net migration growth from 2010-2013.
Friday, April 04, 2014
78% of the single family homes that sold in New Tampa in March sold between $201,000 to $400,000. The lowest reported sales price in MLS for the month was $142,000 and the highest sales price was $3,475,000 for a Tampa Palms home with over 10,000 sq. ft.
Thursday, April 03, 2014
|Meadow Pointe Pool & Clubhouse ©Russ Perlowski|
First quarter Meadow Pointe single family home sales show the average sales price increased from $181,855 last year to $217,010 this year. The average sales price/square foot (heated) increased from $85.42 to $91.65.
All cash sales continued to be strong. Last year first quarter all cash sales made up 41% of the reported single family home sales in Meadow Pointe and this year they made up 46%. Distressed sales (Short Sales + REO/Foreclosures) continued to make up about a third of the reported sales in Meadow Pointe.
Currently there are over 30 single family homes listed for sale in our MLS with an average list price of $262,453 and average List Price/Sq. Ft. (heated) of $103.60.
Total Sold In First Quarter
Average First Quarter Sales Price:
Average First Quarter Sales Price/Sq. Ft. (Heated)
Additionally, distressed sales (short sales & Reo/Foreclosures) in the first quarter decreased from 28% in 2013 to 20% in 2014, and all cash sales dropped from 39% to 26%.
Currently there are 313 single family homes for sale in New Tampa with asking prices ranging from $119,900. for a "sinkhole-foreclosure home" (Oh boy!) to $1,350,000. for a 5,392 sq. ft. executive pool home in The Reserve (gated and guarded) of Tampa Palms.
Russ Perlowski, People's Choice Realty 813-505-7460
Tuesday, April 01, 2014
The features they identified are:
- A walk-in closet in the master bedroom
- "Low-e" windows & other energy efficiency features
- A laundry room
- A great room
- Granite countertops
- Double sinks and an island in the kitchen
- First floor ceilings at least nine feet high
- Front porch & a patio