Spring and Summer are typically the best times of the year to sell a home, so now is the time to start preparing your home to put it on the market.
- Start by removing all clutter.
- Your home will appeal to the most buyers if it has neutral colors, so seriously consider painting those interior rooms that aren’t neutral.
- Curb appeal is essential. Consider giving your front door a fresh coat of paint and make sure that the landscaping is neat and attractive. If there ever was a time to have the greenest lawn in the neighborhood, this is it! Additionally, your house, driveway, and patios may need to be pressure washed.
- Assess your interior flooring. Getting carpets and grout professionally cleaned can significantly freshen up your home for those buyers.
- Clean your home thoroughly. I never have had a buyer complain that a home was too clean!
- Your kitchen and bathrooms need to sparkle! Some recommend limiting your kitchen counter tops to only one small appliance to present a clutter free impression. Remove all of those refrigerator magnets and pictures too.
- Plant some red annual flowers outside. The color red pops in pictures and with buyers who drive by.