Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Home Builder in New Tampa Buys My Customer a Plane Ticket

Recently I have been working with a customer who will be relocating to the Tampa area at the end of June. After showing her numerous homes in another part of Tampa (over a few weekends) closer to her future place of employment, she returned to South Florida without a home that met her needs. Since she wouldn't be back in Tampa until the end of the month, I found her a new home in New Tampa in the drywall stage that I thought she would love. I prepared a virtual tour of the model and sent it to her along with a floor plan. She really liked the home and decided she wanted to put a contract on it without seeing it. She then was preapproved with the builder's preferred lender.

I then proceeded to negotiate price and terms with Bering Homes in New Tampa and we reached an agreement. We then got hung up on color selections, etc. (It's not easy to describe the shade of "mocha" of kitchen cabinets over the phone.) If we waited until she moved here at the end of the month, it would delay the completion of the home. Much to my surprise, Bering Homes offered to buy my customer a round trip ticket to expedite the process. She accepted that offer and they flew her up here on Monday. She picked out her color selections, signed the contract, flew back the same day, and her new home should be ready next month. Nice!

No comments: