Friday, October 10, 2008

SR 56 Entrance to The Shoppes at New Tampa BLOCKED

This afternoon I noticed that access to The Shoppes at New Tampa at SR 56 was blocked. This forced all east bound traffic on SR 56 and southbound traffic on Bruce B. Downs seeking access to the shopping center to get into the left lane of Bruce B. Downs south of SR 56. Note: traffic backs up in the left lane of BBD south of SR 56. I think this "detour" will be in place for only a few days, but it already was presenting problems and it wasn't rush hour.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I don't think this will be short-term. Yesterday, there were new signs in the parking lot directing traffic to BBD to exit. I doubt they would have gone to such an expense for a few day inconvenience.

Unknown said...

Sharon,
It is odd. Typically the FDOT e-mails me with transportation issues. I have received nothing from them. It could be because they may not recognize SR 56 east of BBD. Additionally what is confusing is the flashing sign on SR 56 indicates "night time closures" until 10/16, yet the lane is closed during the daytime. Hopefully this will be a short term inconvenience for all of us, but in my opinion it really hasn't been communicated properly to provide us with advance notice.