Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bid awarded for widening SR 54 in Wesley Chapel

This week Pepper Contracting Services was awarded a $28 million bid to widen SR 54 from I-75 to Curley road. The road will be widened to six lanes and construction time is estimated to be 21 months. Considering the miserable history of missing targeted completion dates for the extension of SR 56, I wouldn't count on 21 months for completion!

A public roads workshop similar to what was held back in January of 2008 is overdue for Wesley Chapel.  That workshop included representatives from Pasco County engineering services, planners, county commissioners, and FDOT representatives.  Considering the massive road projects underway in our area:  (New off ramps for I-75 & I-275 at SR 56, bridgework on I75 at SR 54, the widening of BBD, the planned mega-intersection at SR 56 & BBD, the cursed extension of SR 56, and now the widening of SR 54) the county should schedule a workshop ASAP!  I suggested such a workshop to Commissioner Mulieri last December and she referred it to staff.  Hopefully they are working on coordinating another public workshop for us.

No comments: