Among the survey's findings:
- 78 percent of potential buyers say it will be easier to buy a home this spring, since "home owners want to sell."
- 63 percent of sellers say the improving economy and their perception of motivated buyers are increasing their optimism.
- 76 percent of consumers say pent-up demand will create more competition for existing homes this season.
- 83 percent of buyers say they plan to buy a home sooner rather than later because they fear interest rates will rise.
- Overall, 77 percent of the 2,500 consumers surveyed report having a favorable view of housing, a 12-point jump from one year prior. Millennials show the most optimism, at 85 percent.