Monday, January 15, 2007

St. Petersburg Times Staff Writers on New Tampa


Late last month I had a call from a Dong Phuong Nguyen, a Staff Writer for the St. Pete Times. Phuong said that she found me from this New Tampa Blog and wanted to know if I would meet with her and her colleague Emily Nipps, also a Staff Writer for the Times. We agreed to meet this past week at Panera Bread, in New Tampa.
Phuong and Emily report on news and events in New Tampa. The first part of our meeting was to determine how they defined the geographical boundaries of New Tampa. It seems that the Times considers County Line Road to be the northern boundary.

It was fun discussing New Tampa with these two reporters; even the occasional "controversy" between homeowners and HOA's.

Phuong and Emily are interested in being contacted if you have a New Tampa (South of the Border!) story that needs covering and they can be reached via e-mail:


As luck would have it, I experienced some computer problems shortly thereafter due to a conflict with the new Internet Explorer 7, and additionally, I have been unable to log in to Blogger to make posts. (A blogger's nightmare!) Frankly, I am not even sure how I was able to get into Blogger tonight. I fear it was by accident!

Of course, I had to take a photo of these two Staff Writers for the St. Pete Times. So, if you have a story that you think should be told about New Tampa, send them an e-mail!

No comments: