Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Watergrass in Wesley Chapel

Watergrass in Wesley Chapel
On my drive to Watergrass, a new planned community of 2,000 homes in Wesley Chapel, I was thinking about how much Curley Road will change in the next five years. For now, you can still see cows grazing in pastures. With the projected growth on Curley it probably won't be long before they become hamburgers though.

Driving into Watergrass I noticed that they have not yet completed the entrance sign. There are some residents here though and building is underway with one builder. Watergrass is being developed by Crown Community Development, the same firm that developed the gorgeous community of Seven Oaks, which I believe is in its final phase of residential construction.
In my meeting with the builder's rep. I inquired how long before the clubhouse, pools, etc. will be in place. Well, it seems that it will be 18 months or longer from what I heard. Yet, in the meantime the residents will still be required to pay the annual CDD fees and the amenities will not be in place. The rep. reminded me that "the price of the homes is lower in the early stages of the development of Watergrass". When I asked to see an inventory home, I was informed that it was across from a park. How nice! I thought my customer might like that. Unfortunately, the park is still dirt with improvements being made as I was doing a walk through of the inventory home. Sometimes when you are one of the "pioneers" in a new community, I guess you just have to have faith of what it will become when it grows up! Just a word of caution to prospective buyers regarding any informational brochures and literature provided by builders and developers; there usually is fine print at the bottom of the brochures indicating that "Future development may or may not occur as shown on illustrations or maps."
The proposed Epperson Ranch development is across the street (more or less) from Watergrass. Plans are in place for widening and even re-routing part of Curley Road in preparation for the proposed Town Center, which I believe will be south of Watergrass. The builder's rep. also pointed out the proposed connector road from Curley Road to I-75. That would be great. I am just not sure of the status of that road.

Watergrass is underway. Epperson is proposed and at least part of Wiregrass is underway too. These three planned communities have a combined total of 13,500 homes in Wesley Chapel. (Soon to be lots of hamburgers from these three farm areas!)

Well, even though I always keep my camera with me, I really didn't see any good photograph opportunities--yet! As Watergrass develops I expect that will change and hopefully it will grow up to be as fine a community as Seven Oaks.

No comments: