Saturday, August 13, 2011

New interstate exit ramps to SR 56 to open Tuesday


The two new northbound exit ramps to SR 56 from I-75 & I-275 under construction since 2009 will open on Tuesday!* 

Motorists need to be very alert to the new exit points, which are about two miles before the current exit ramp locations. 

Project Limits: from I-275/I-75 interchange to State Road 56
Project Length: 2.3 miles
Estimated Construction Cost: $31.4 million
Contractor: SEMA Construction, Inc.
Start Date: October 17, 2009

Two bridges have been constructed: A new northbound I-275 exit ramp to SR 56 crosses over I-75 and a bridge has been built across Cypress Creek for northbound I-75 traffic exiting to SR 56.

Improvement Highlights

•Traffic exiting northbound I-275 or I-75 to SR 56 will be separated from mainline traffic to eliminate the need for lane changes.
•Better drainage and lighting in this area.

*[PLEASE NOTE: Opening the ramps does not mark the end of this project. More work remains over the next couple months, including paving the top layer of asphalt on the new ramps.]

The interstate widening projects continue.  Video simulation of I-75 Widening Project from Fowler Ave. to SR 52.

No comments: