Description: A 48-foot long flatbed trailer featuring a 28-foot long, 12-foot wide and 11.5-foot tall “Idaho® potato” specially “cultivated” in honor of the Idaho Potato Commission’s 75th anniversary year in 2012.
Purpose: To raise awareness about the Idaho Potato Commission’s 75th anniversary and invite fans to join in celebrating America’s favorite potatoes.
Wow Numbers: * The Great Big Idaho® Potato would take more than 10,000 years to grow.
* The Great Big Idaho® Potato weighs six tons (12,130 pounds), which is equal to 32,346 medium-sized Idaho® potatoes.
* The Great Big Idaho® Potato is 1,102 times heavier than the largest potato ever grown, which weighed 11 pounds.
* The Great Big Idaho® Potato would take 2 years and 9 months to bake.
* It could make more than 1.4 million (1,455,570) average-sized fries!
* Pass the gravy! The Great Big Idaho® Potato would make 30,325 servings of mashed potatoes.
If you didn't make it to New Tampa's Walmart to see it this morning, the Great Big Potato Truck will be at the Sweetbay at 4317 Gandy Blvd. today from 1:00 to 3:00 PM.
http://www.bigidahopotato.com/ Donate to Meals on Wheels