Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Bus driver, Move that bus!
What does it take to be picked for an Extreme Makeover? They are looking for true deserving families - people who have amazing strength of character and who put their own needs aside to help others, i.e. a mom, a soldier, a teacher, a policeman, or a fireman.
In addition, the producers are looking for families whose houses need major alterations or repair- homes that present serious problems for the family and affect the family's quality of life.
This season Extreme Makeover also is looking for families, who do not own their own homes, so long as land is available through other sources, a nonprofit, city or county. A family must also be able to show producers how a makeover will make a huge difference in their lives.
Interested families or those who wish to nominate another family should e-mail a short description of their family story to – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations/submissions must include:
1. The names and ages of each member of the household
2. A description of the major challenges within the home.
3. Explanation of why this family is deserving, or a positive role model in their community.
4. Photos of the family and a photo of the home
5. Please include the address and contact phone number for the family.
The deadline for nominations is October 17, 2010. Send story submissions as soon as possible. For more information on how to apply visit the website at: http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/index?pn=apply